Skip to main content

Poster & Press Advertisment

First Assignment
Poster & Press Advertising

In this assignment, we have to pick one movie to redesign for poster and press advertising.
At first, I choose a movie named "Burning", which is a Korean movie.


【 POSTER.

This is the original poster design.




This is my first attempt to redesign it, I made two versions.




Because of this design is too similar (color mood and character pose),
I redesigned again with new color mood and character poses.




I also tried to use the male main character inside the poster, and here is the outcomes.



These two posters doesn't really have nice pictures - this is because the movie is still new and there's not enough resources (picture screenshots) that I can take from Google. Because of the mood of the movie is really hard to portray in the poster, I decided to change my choice of movie.

Hence,
I choose "Your Lie in April", a Japanese Live-Action Movie.

This is the original design.



This is my first two designs that I tried to experiment.




Mr Jason advised to change all of the texts font because it is too similar to the original. He also suggested to make 2 version of posters - female character and male character.

Hence, I redesigned again with new fonts and position of the subtitles and also made a poster for the male character.

This is the final outcomes for the posters.

Female character (Suzu Hirose) poster.

Male character (Kento Yamazaki) poster.


【 PRESS ADVERTISING. 】
This my designs for the press advertisings.



Mr Jason prefer the closed up version. After getting advices from Mr Jason, I fixed some text positioning and character positioning errors in the press advertising. I also justified the title & texts above.

This is the final outcome for press advertising.



【 MOCKUPS. 】
Here is the mockups for my designs.

Poster Mockups :







Press Advertising Mockups :





Comments